I make a lot of homemade almond milk in my house, and albeit always a treat, I'm left with tons of almond pulp that I hate to throw away. I've been testing tons of recipes to find a viable alternative, and finally found a recipe I wouldn't mind making at least once a week. I throw in whatever nuts, fruit or add-ins I have on hand to make it fuss-free. Not only is this recipe grain-free, but is there anything better than a 2-for-1??
PISTACHIO COCONUT ALMOND PULP GRANOLA (Serves 4)
- 2/3 cup almond pulp (from making almond milk)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lay out almond pulp on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Increase oven to 325. In the meantime, mix together almond pulp and with the rest of the granola ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, combine well.
Add mixture back to your sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and smelling nutty. Remove and allow to cool. Store in a mason jar.