Making granola is my favorite weekend activity. Besides being delicious (and a million times better when it’s homemade), having fresh granola baking in the oven makes the house smell completely mouthwatering. Plus, you feel so productive filling a few jars full of homemade cereal for the coming weeks.
CRANBERRY PUMPKINSEED GRANOLA (GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN)
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas
- 1/2 heaping cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquified (melt and cool, if necessary)
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup sliced/chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
Preheat oven to 300. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to make sure all ingredients are coated well and evenly distributed.
Add mixture to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden and smelling delicious.
Set aside to cool for 20 minutes before serving. Best with almond milk or creamy yogurt.